Presse & Couverture médiatique
The smart choice of a good quality growing media, the key to a successful vegetative roof (French article)
The reputation of green roofs lie in their aesthetic value and their innovative architectural aspect, but above all in their power to provide a wide range of energetic and environmental benefits. In Quebec, since the late 90s, vegetative roof assemblies have been consistently evolving with the development of new technologies and sheer number of installations. This also applies to the growing media performance that is optimized to meet the specific conditions of a roof or project. Soil science has become a major factor for the the building envelope.
References employed in this article:
- 1) Research Association of Landscape Development and Construction; Guidelines for the Planning, Construction and Maintenance of Green Roofing’ Edition 2008, http://www.fll.de/.
- 2) Planting Green Roofs and Living Walls, Revised and Updated Edition 2008.
- 3) Guide de référence en fertilisation, 2ème édition.
- 4) Adapté de Brady and Weil, 1999.
- 5) Soil Chemistry, Hinrich L. Bohn, 3rd edition.
- 6) Norme nationale du Canada CAN/BNQ 0413-200, Amendements organiques-Composts
*Marjolaine Auger, the author, is an agrologist and the Garden Roof advisor at Hydrotech Membrane Corp. She can be reached at email@example.com or 800-361-8924.